Account Director, Public Relations
This is a critical client partner role demonstrating leadership, strategic direction, accountability, business acumen and vision for their clients. The ideal candidate has healthcare B2B PR, Media Relations and Communications experience and a passion for delivering quality work that helps our clients grow. The Account Supervisor is skilled in the full range of communication strategies and tactics (including but not limited to media relations, social media, thought leadership and corporate communications) with a strong focus on developing and executing compelling PR/media relations programming for our clients.
We’re looking for a strategic thinker who understands communication’s role and impact and who has demonstrated experience in the development and execution of integrated engagements.
Serve as the main client liaison, responsible for overseeing the strategy, budget, timeline and plans on assigned clients
Lead the development of media relations, PR, communications plans and strategies for clients
Oversee team members and external partners to deliver strategic and creative client work
Responsible for understanding clients’ needs, business structure and industry landscape to bring credible and consultative solutions forward – serving as a strategic advisor and partner for internal team and client
Skilled at gathering information and research; executing on research initiatives and leverage internet-based PR and media research resources
Develop PR/communications materials including media pitches and pitch strategy, media briefings, press releases, editorial calendars, social media and other content
Engage broader team in materials development when appropriate via task management software
Build relationships with local, national, and trade media and/or bloggers
Write, edit and proofread materials including media materials, collateral, fact sheets and client reports/correspondences
Monitor, measure and report performance on executed materials and campaigns; regularly monitor and create ROI and performance reports for PR work
Maintain profitability of assigned accounts and projects in partnership with agency leadership
Motivate and mentor direct and indirect team members by bringing a positive, solutions-focused attitude to everything you do
Identify training and development needs of junior staff and provide opportunities that enable staff members to reach their full potential
- 5-7 years of communications experience working on multi-disciplinary (holistic) communication initiatives
- Budget development and management experience
- Agency experience required
- Experience working on healthcare/B2B brands
- BA or BS in Communications, Marketing or related degree
- Strong understanding of the relationship between traditional public relations and the use of current online/digital technology and social media
- Strong writer and communicator adept at content development across multiple media
- Strong presentation skills, poise, and professionalism
- Superior organizational and project management skills with attention to detail
- Comfortable in business development and pitching
- Both a creative and a strategic thinker, and a natural team leader
- Thrives in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for strategy, culture, trends, impacting behavior, and inspiring others
- Jack-of-all-trades-master-of-many approach to learning and growth
To apply email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fuoco LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Fuoco LLC recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.