March 29, 2022
fuoco Receives Honorable Mention for PRWeek's U.S. 2022 Boutique Agency of the Year Award
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – March 29, 2022 – Healthcare specialist agency, fuoco, took home honorable mention for Boutique Agency of the Year during the 2022 PRWeek Awards ceremony at Cipriani Wall Street in New York earlier this month, where more than 700 people from agencies and in-house teams around the country gathered for the “Oscars of Public Relations.”
fuoco was one of five finalists nationwide in the Outstanding Boutique Agency category. Agency awards recognize financial and client-list growth, client retention, creativity and innovation and other relevant factors including office culture, brand identity and thought leadership. Judges specifically cited how ”fuoco seamlessly shifts between PR, marketing, owned and earned media strategies and tactics based on each client’s needs.”
The firm’s entry, “Coming in Hot: Firepower with Purpose,” highlighted its growth, thought leadership, intentional culture and philanthropy during the entry timeline (October 2020-October 2021), including:
- The addition of three senior account leaders each with 10-plus years agency and/or healthcare specialty experience, a client experience operations director and digital specialists to support the agency’s growing work across digital and social media channels and platforms.
- 100 percent client retention, one-third of whom have been with the firm for three or more years.
- Opening our doors for the second summer in a row to a Social Justice Fellows program for teen girls put on by the Women of Color Collaborative in partnership with Metro Arts and the Mayor’s Opportunity Now youth job training initiative.
- Raising nearly $10,000 to bring a bike build and donation to Nashville, in partnership with national non-profit Can’d Aid, resulting in 75 bikes and helmets for the first-grade class at Fall-Hamilton Elementary School.
- Pro bono PR strategy and content for JDRF Tennessee in support of its annual Promise Gala, auction and Fund-a-Cure program.
- Our How It’s Done podcast (now in its third season) and newly minted Spark Sessions designed to scratch the curious marketer’s itch for insights on the industry’s latest trends, topics and tactics.
Congratulations to all our fellow difference-makers in the 2022 PRWeek U.S. Awards winners circle.
fuoco is a Nashville-based marketing and communications agency focused on healthcare, technology, exceptional results, and doing good work that’s meaningful. Founded in 2017, fuoco brings deep healthcare B2B knowledge and experience, sophisticated and strategic thinking and a figure-it-out mentality to every client engagement. We back our work with The BF DiffTM — our “before fuoco” guarantee that clients will experience a marketable difference within 90 days of joining forces. Learn more at growwithfuoco.com.
More Sparks of Knowledge
Storytelling That Sells
Part 1 : The Customer as Hero
Whittling a company’s message down to its most salient points is one of the more challenging tasks we face as marketers. It’s easy to list all the cool things we can do, but it’s hard as heck to present it to your audience — and get them to buy what we’re selling.
Weapons of Mass Distraction: Three Simple Ways to Battle the Dumbing Effects of Smartphones
How much time per day do you spend on your phone? If you’re in line with the national average, it’s about three hours. Every day. Over the course of a year, that’s roughly two months spent staring and scrolling at a five inch screen.
Social Media in Healthcare – A Voice of Influence
The healthcare industry and its leaders have taken big hits over the last three years. Working in increasingly competitive, complex and compliance-driven environments. There are tons of mergers and acquisitions, lots of new players with big price tags, and talented folks leaving the industry in droves.